Whey protein powders such as Big Whey provide your muscles with the amino acids necessary to assist in muscle recovery, the rebuilding of muscle tissue and improvement of muscle tone. Although whey protein is a good source of these amino acids, there are a few amino acids that our bodies need an extra boost of; in particular leucine and glutamine.
Leucine is regarded by many sports nutritionists as being the most important of the branched chain amino acid (BCAA’s) for very good reason. Leucine has been shown to help regular blood sugar levels, help with the growth and repair of muscle tissue, stimulate growth hormone production, prevent muscle breakdown, promote muscle protein synthesis and help prevent protein degradation.
We also fortified Big Whey with the popular amino acid glutamine because it has been shown to prevent exercise induced muscle breakdown, have positive effects on immune function and improve insulin concentrations to promote an anabolic state; essential for gut health to ensure optimum absorption of nutrients.Click here to find out more about Protein Shakes.
- Promotes muscle protein synthesis
- Prevents muscle breakdown
- Helps with growth and repair of muscle tissues
- Helps regulate blood sugar levels
- Stimulates growth hormone production
Directions: Mix 1 level scoop (30g) in 150ml water, and drink before, and/or after exercise. Take 1 - 3 servings per day
Servings per container: 60
Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate (MILK), Whey Protein Isolate (MILK), Hydrolysed Whey Protein (MILK)) (96.29%), Emulsifier (Sunflower Lecithin), Flavour, Colour (Betroot Red), Thickener (Xanthan Gum), Sweeteners (Sucralose, Steviol Glycosides).
* Contains Soy Lecithin Produced in an environment that processes milk, egg, gluten, peanuts, nuts and soy.
- Not suitable for persons under 16 years of age
- Please consult your doctor prior to use if you have a medical condition
- If pregnant or lactating please consult your doctor prior to use
- Keep out of the reach of children
- Do not exceed the recommended daily dose
- Ensure lid is closed correctly after each use
- Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a balanced and varied diet
- Store in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight
- For best before end date see base of tub
- Suitable for ovo-lactovegetarians
- Not suitable for vegans
Please note that promo codes cannot be used on already discounted bundle offers
|Information Based On: Strawberry Flavour|
|Energy||501kJ / 118kcal|
|of which saturates||0.86g|
|of which sugars||1.43g|
|Protein (Dry Basis)||24.57g|