A Food FirstApproach
Nutrition supplements should only betaken if the diet isn’t sufficiently providing the required nutrients forrecovery, gaining muscle mass, fat loss, etc. So here is a food first approachto recovery, with some great tasting recipes to help your body recover afterthat grueling training session…
Breakfast– Chocolate Coconut Protein Pancakes
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 scoop chocolate Big Whey
- ½ cup of oats
- Splash of milk
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- desiccated coconut
- Coconut oil
What to do with your ingredients…
- Blend the banana, eggs, oats, milk, coconut and protein powder untilsmooth.
- Heat a frying pan with ½ tsp. coconut oil, and add mixture to make asmany in one go as possible.
- Flip each pancake and re-add ½ tsp. coconut oil for each lot ofpancakes.
- Serve with choice of Greek yoghurt, berries, honey & millednut/fruit mix.
Serve with choice of:
- Greek yoghurt
- Mixed berries
- Nuts/milled linseeds
- Dark chocolate
Lunch– Spicy Chicken Fajitas with Salt & Pepper Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 large or 1 ½ small chicken breasts
- ½ red pepper
- ½ yellow pepper
- ½ onion
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. spicy Cajun
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2-3 tortilla wraps
- ½ red chilli pepper
- 10 ripe cherry tomatoes
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander
- Salt & pepper
- ½ lime juice
- 1 large sweet potato
- ½ green pepper
- ½ onion
- 1 red chilli
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt (piri-piri salt if you have)& pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Wedge the sweet potatoes.
- Finely slice the peppers, chilli (whole chilli), and onion slightlylarger.
- Add the peppers, onion & ½ chilli into a polythene bag, add theolive oil & season, and then shake well to combine.
- Roast on a baking tray for 20-25 mins, turning half way.
- Dice the chicken into long strips and finely slice the peppers andonion, and cook in coconut oil a pan/wok.
- Sprinkle the spices in to the pan and cook out.
- Blitz the cherry tomatoes in a food processor for 2-3 seconds or burstsuntil smooth but still has chunks, then add it to a bowl and stir in theremaining salsa ingredients.
- Heat up the tortillas and serve with the Jalapenos, salsa, sweet potatofries and fajita mix.
Dinner– Spaghetti Bolognese
- 150g lean beef mince
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- extra virgin olive oil
- ½ medium white onion
- 1 tbsp. tomato purée
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 4 chopped mushrooms
- 1 small finely chopped carrot
- Pinch of torn fresh basil
- Salt &pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan andadd the garlic and a pinch of salt.
- Add the onion and soften beforeadding the mince.
- Once the mince has browned add thetomato puree, ground herbs, chopped tinned tomatoes, mushrooms, carrot andseason well with pepper.
- Leave to simmer whilst you add thespaghetti to a pan of lightly salted boiling water and boil for approx. 10 minsor until soft.
SnackOn The Go – Banana & Pineapple Protein Smoothie
- 300ml milk
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 banana
- 1 scoop vanilla Big Whey
- 5g scoop Creatine
- 1 tsp. honey
- 4 ice cubes
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth!
Article by Danny Webber – Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgWebsite: http://www.webber-nutrition.co.uk/