Leucine is 1 of the 3 branched chain amino acids (BCAA's) - the others being isoleucine and valine. What makes leucine so important is that there is now sufficient evidence that leucine is the major amino acid which stimulates muscle protein synthesis (MPS) (Morton et al., 2015).
MPS is the process of rebuilding muscle tissue and is stimulated post-exercise in order to repair and rebuild. In short, athletes looking to build muscle should focus on maintaining a greater amount of Muscle Protein Synthesis than Muscle Protein Breakdown (MPB).
Much of the research regarding protein, leucine and MPS has led to the proposal of a leucine 'trigger' hypothesis. This concept suggests that leucine is the key amino acid that triggers MPS. Consequently, it is suggested that athletes looking to build muscle should consider products higher in leucine content.
- Key amino acid that triggers MPS
- Helps increase muscle recovery
- Aids muscle repair and growth
Directions: Mix 1 scoop (5 g) of Leucine with 150ml of water or your normal shake.
Usage: Take 1 - 2 servings per day. Take 1 serving immediately after exercise and / or 1 servings 30 minutes before exercise.
Servings Per Container: 50
Produced in an environment that processes milk, egg, gluten, peanuts, nuts and soy.
- Not suitable for persons under 18 years of age
- Please consult your doctor prior to use if you have a medical condition
- If pregnant or lactating please consult your doctor prior to use
- Keep out of the reach of children
- Do not exceed the recommended daily dose
- Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a balanced and varied diet
- Store in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight
- For best before end date see back
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
|Information Based On: Unflavoured|