The ideal quick dinner for vegans, vegetarians or those who fancy curbing their meat intake, these Vegan Sweet Chilli Chickpea and Sweetcorn Burgers make a great midweek option when you're short on time but don't want to scrimp on flavour.
- 230g Chickpeas (tin, drained)
- 340g Sweetcorn (tin, drained)
- Handful of fresh Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 4 tablespoons Plain Flour
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Chilli Sauce (plus extra to serve)
- Zest from 1/2 Lemon
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 4 teaspoon Rapeseed Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Sliced Tomato, Red Onion, Lettuce and Bread Roll to serve
1. Drain the chickpeas and sweetcorn and dry off with kitchen roll to soak up any excess liquid.
2. Add to a food processor along with the coriander, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, flour, lemon zest, season and 1 tbsp of the sweet chilli sauce.
3. Pulse until combined but not too much to retain some texture.
4. On a flour-dusted surface, divide and shape the mixture into 4 equal-sized patties. Use extra flour if the mixture is too wet. Place on clingfilm on a plate and put in the fridge for 20-30 mins to firm up.
5. Heat a large frying pan with the Rapeseed Oil over a medium heat. When at temperature, place the burger patties in the
oil and cook for 5 mins on each side.
6. To serve, stack the burger topping with the lettuce, sliced tomato, sliced red onion and sweet chilli sauce, plus any other preferred toppings. Enjoy!