If you need a quick and tasty way to incorporate protein into your diet, then look no further than this tasty cod recipe from Gloucester Rugby's performance chef Will Carvalho.
Regular protein consumption has many benefits as part of a balanced diet, including supporting the growth of new muscle tissue and repairing of damaged muscle fibres. This meal can be made for lunch or dinner, helping you to keep your protein intake up with minimal effort and easy to source ingredients.
- 180g Cod Loin, Skinless and Boneless
- 18g Miso Paste
- 12g Sesame Seeds
- 250g Pak Choi
- 8g Honey
- 6g Dark Soy Sauce
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Rub the cod with the miso paste and get a tray ready with baking paper.
- On top of the baking paper, display the fish and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake it at 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes (this should be more than enough if the oven is pre-heated).
- Prep the pak choi by removing the bottom, wash it if needed. Pan fry it with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Remove the fish and get a plate ready.
- Mix your honey and dark soy together, whisk it until it is all combined.
- On the plate, place your pak choi first. Add the fish on top, then dress it with the honey and soy mix.