Whey protein powders such as Big Whey provide your muscles with the amino acids necessary to assist in recovery, the rebuilding of muscle tissues and the improvement of muscle tone. Although whey protein is a good source of these amino acids, there are a few amino acids that are of particular benefit i.e. leucine and synthesis. Leucine is regarded by many sports nutritionists as being the most important of the branched chain amino acids (BCAA's) for very good reason. Leucine has been shown to help regulate blood sugar levels, help with muscle growth and repair, reduce muscle breakdown and promote muscle protein synthesis.
Big Whey has also been fortified with glutamine because it has been shown to prevent exercise induced muscle breakdown, have positive effects on immune function, and improve gut health; ensuring optimum absorption of nutrients.
- Promotes muscle protein synthesis
- Reduces muscle breakdown
- Helps with growth and repair of muscle tissues
- Aids gut function
Directions: Mix 1 level scoop (30g) in 150ml water, and drink before, and/or after exercise. Take 1 - 3 servings per day
Servings per container: 60
Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate (MILK) (96.29%), Emulsifier (Sunflower Lecithin), Flavour, Colour (Betroot Red), Thickener (Xanthan Gum), Sweeteners (Sucralose, Steviol Glycosides).
Produced in an environment that processes milk, egg, gluten, peanuts, nuts and soy.
- Not suitable for persons under 16 years of age
- Please consult your doctor prior to use if you have a medical condition
- If pregnant or lactating please consult your doctor prior to use
- Keep out of the reach of children
- Do not exceed the recommended daily dose
- Ensure lid is closed correctly after each use
- Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a balanced and varied diet
- Store in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight
- For best before end date see base of tub
|Information Based On: Strawberry Flavour|
|Energy||501kJ / 118kcal|
|of which saturates||0.86g|
|of which sugars||1.43g|
|Protein (Dry Basis)||24.57g|