We've all heard time and time again that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but it can be hard to come up with inspiration for something that packs a punch when it comes to taste and nutrition; especially when time is tight. Heading into the winter months, supporting your immune system should be a top priority, so what better way to do this than to start the day off on the right foot with a Vitamin C-rich feast in the form of our delicious Breakfast Hash recipe.
Crammed full of vegetable goodness, this nutrient-packed dish is sure to satisfy hunger pangs until lunchtime, boasting a nice 15g of protein per serving too.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 Garlic Clove, crushed
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 100g Cherry Tomatoes
- 300g Baby New Potatoes
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 Large Eggs
- Slice the baby potatoes in half and add to a pan of gently boiling water for 15 minutes until soft.
- Preheat the grill to a medium-high heat. Meanwhile, thinly slice the peppers and halve the tomatoes.
- Add the crushed garlic to a pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil and fry for a few minutes on a medium heat before adding the peppers, tomatoes and smoked paprika. Sauté for 8-10 minutes until peppers are tender.
- Once the potatoes have cooked through, add them to the hash mixture and cook for a further two minutes on a high heat. Transfer the hash to an ovenproof dish. Make two wells in the middle of the hash and crack one egg into each.
- Put the dish under the grill 8-10 minutes until the eggs are fully cooked. Season well with salt and pepper and serve.
Macros: 31.5g carbs | 15.5g protein | 13g fat