Rackets at the ready everyone, the day we've all been waiting for has finally arrived... it's Wimbledon! To celebrate, our Performance Nutritionist Owen Woodley has put together his favourite protein-packed pudding in honour of the glorious game, which boasts an impressive 22g of protein per serving.
Protein-Packed Eton Mess
Ingredients - makes 6
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- 120g Caster Sugar
- 1 scoop Big Whey (Vanilla)
- 500g Fresh Strawberries
- 450g FAGE Yoghurt
- Sprinkle Icing Sugar
- 2 scoops Big Whey (Vanilla)
- To make the meringue, heat oven to 120°C. Whisk egg whites until fluffy / slightly stiff, then add in the caster sugar, 40g at a time, whisking into peaks in between.
- Once whisked into stiff peaks (should be slightly glossy looking) add the scoop of Big Whey and whisk back into stiff peaks.
- Spread onto a baking tray (covered in parchment paper) at least 2cm thick. Bake for approximately 1hour 15mins- until hard.
- Whilst the meringue bakes, whisk the FAGE yoghurt, 2 Scoops of Big Whey and a sprinkle of icing sugar together until combined. Then, chop strawberries into quarters and add to mixture.
- Once the meringue has cooked and cooled, layer yoghurt mixture, strawberries and meringue into 6 glasses. Pop into the fridge and serve chilled.
Each serving: 261 kcals | 22g protein | 42.5g carbs | 5.8g fat